Friday, June 22, 2012

Bowls Turning



Click and be whisked to a short video.
I'm making a bunch of these large porcelain bowls [4-6 kg] for a show in September; so far I've managed to throw,trim and dry a few without mishap [after the first four all mishapped while drying,you may recall]- they still need to survive a bisc firing,crystal glazing and firing, so they have a long way to go. I find that it's important to dry them evenly, especially the rims, but it's very easy to damage them trying to cover them up while they're still fresh, so I've started leaving them on a slowly-revolving wheel until the rims stiffen up somewhat. This morning I threw three [well 4 but one collapsed] and,once they were all revolving, became aware of their kenetic-sculptural nature. I pushed each one a bit off-centre for greater effect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home