Friday, August 14, 2009

Sybil Marshall z"l


Sybil was my teacher when I did my post-grad Certificate of Education at Sussex University in 1973 - in fact,she was the reason I took the course. She always claimed that she selected students for the course by the twinkle in their eyes,taught everything through art,and is a part of the stream of influence that led me to become a potter. After many years out of touch with her,I visited her and Ewan in [I think] 2004,happy to be able to tell her that I have always stayed true to her approach to education. She was a proud Celt,had a morbid fear of butterflies,and was an altogether wonderful and inspiring lady. For a few years I have been wondering how she was getting on - Helen found the answer yesterday. Click on title for her obituary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home