Friday, February 13, 2009

Flowerpots


For a while I have had both the urge and the clay to make some flower-pots - the clay a gritty Spanish earthenware made for sculpture of which I bought 50kg,which turned out to be just enough to throw 8 big pots and to fill the kiln. The flower-pots I see in shops are either boring, concrete or imported,so I decided to make myself a few. With lead glazes out of fashion [and their replacements unimpressive],unglazed pots like these seem to me a legitimate use for earthenware clays. It's also a great way to practice throwing larger weights without needing to factor in glazes and high temperature firings.
Note in passing-a few days ago [Feb 9th] was this blog's 4th anniversary.Thank you all for your 18000 visits! Shabbat Shalom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home