Thursday, June 26, 2008

Loading




Most of the time we tend to build a kiln and then load it. Sometimes this doesn't quite work out,so Keren [3rd year,Tel Hai],with sundry helpers, is loading her kiln around the pot. She was going to fire it today,but the weather was so hot that she would have to be slightly crazy- like me [I fired my gas kiln today,and probably lost a few kilos in good,honest potters' sweat]. I'm heading for a nice cold shower.
The kiln looks a bit like a wedding cake,or a stepped pyramid,or maybe the leaning tower of Pisa,or even the Tower of Babel,of which,we are informed by our sages [Sanhedrin], the top third was destroyed by fire,the bottom third sank into the ground,and the middle section was left standing and could still be seen in the days when the Gemara was written down 1500 years ago. I hope Keren's kiln fares better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home