Monday, May 26, 2008

Tomorrow and Tomorrow [and Tomorrow]

Brings us to today.As you may have guessed,that 2nd crystal tile firing was not a success [otherwise there would have been prompt pictures]. I wasn't paying full attention during the critical last part of the firing- the previous one reached 1260 degrees,at which temperature cone 9 has just dropped,which was fine,so I let this one run 'til 1260,forgetting that,being more heavily laden with (8) tiles and shelves,it took longer to reach temp.,so cone 9 fell at a lower temp,the tiles were overfired (8), and I relearned a lesson that I should have down by now- PAY ATTENTION!!
Kiln #3 is running at the moment-near the end-excuse me,I'm going to see if I can catch it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home