Thursday, May 22, 2008

Shiloach HaKen


One of the more bizarre manifestations of our ancient and noble faith,involving removing a mother bird [and not,for instance,a father bird] from its nest before freeing [some say eating] the eggs [or maybe the young],but it's by no means as simple as that,and fraught with mystical significance as well. I had two pigeon nests in my studio,and thought I had chased off the parents before covering over the opening whereby they enter. Pleased with myself at a neat patch job,I then realised that this guy and his/her sibling were still hanging out in the nest,adolescent-fashion,and needed vigorous encouragement to persuade them to evacuate [like adolescents]. Helen eventually got hold of one,and released him to an uncertain future on the roof [they can fly,but it all seems like a bit of an effort for them]. She is wearing the fetching Japanese frock I bought her in Tokoname,which seems to fit in with the anagama pots [and smart Japanese sieve] in the background.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home