Sunday, March 09, 2008

Big Pots


For me,at least.Today I wedged up a slew of stonewares and porcelains with handfuls of grog and a pinch of Mashiko dust [ which I tend to add to special batches of clay] to throw some large pots,probably [if they survive] for the Tel Hai anagama firing,which GunnMarit assures me is going to happen soon. I'm not sure that I've ever thrown with 11 kilos- it was great fun,rather demanding,and quite tiring [two collapsed,so I ended up mixing and wedging about 60 kilos- try it some time]. I haven't decided whether to try to bisc them first [not necessary for anagama firings,where the flying ash forms the glaze,but easier to handle]- assuming that they manage to dry out without mishap. In accordance with the old pottery rule,I made 3, hoping to get 2 to the kiln and maybe one out whole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home