Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Mamagama


Yesterday I paid a visit to reb Meir and his magnificent curvaceous new anagama,which is nearing completion and begging to be fired [roll on Purim!]. We're looking here from the firemouth towards the currently-non-existent chimney. Quite a sight,huh?
I also passed by Madid [near the Checkpost,Haifa] with a ragbag of inscrutable pyrometers and damaged thermocouples to sort out,which they promise to do at great expense. Haifa is a great town- apart from visiting Shazar,one of my favorite tool-shops,I found a place called Ami that makes and sells all kinds of cool [sic] fireproof gear- they sew kevlar and aluminum fabric and produce groovy gear for pyromaniacs. I couldn't resist a pair of 700 degree gloves,which I shall proceed to photograph for your edification and delight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home