Friday, December 28, 2007

Glazing with Tongs


Not the only way to glaze a large bowl,but one of the quickest. If you're quick setting the bowl down after glazing and releasing the tongs,they won't leave a mark . You have to break a couple of bowls [by gripping them too tightly] until you find the right technique. On larger [and heavier] bowls,I tend to prefer two hands [instead of tongs],filling in the inevitable finger-marks once the glaze has dried. Why don't I wax the footring? - indolence,partly,but,as you can see,the damp sponge does the job.Filmed by Yahel
I've just finished loading the newly-restored gas kiln with glazed ware ready for its maiden firing on Sunday. Ask me if I'm anxious,even after 30 years in the trade and around a thousand firings: you betcha!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home