Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bad Artists Copy: Good Artists Steal [P.Picasso]

Quoted in the latest issue of "PotteryMaking Illustrated" magazine,which I subscribed to for a year [but no more]. The magazine is quite good- full of interesting ideas,shapes and techniques,probably great for someone starting up in the profession and looking for new directions. I still think the best mag is the British [of course] "Ceramic Review" which gives you a better feeling for the "gestalt" of the potter-who he/she is,why they make what they make,how they got there,how they sell,and so on.Also the pictures are higher quality. My collection of CR goes back to 1982,more or less from when I opened my first studio down at the end/beginning of Rehov Yud Alef,past Kadosh cheese [or "Tsfat Cheeze",as the signs all charmingly read]. My studio [an Ottoman water-cistern,since blocked by a new and illegal building] was #2 Yud Alef. There was no #1.
Come to think of it,now there isn't a #2 either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home