Sunday, February 11, 2007

Brother Thomas





A busy week ahead:I'm firing a bisc kiln today [with the dregs of the gas tank:I've been using the kiln to heat the studio for the last couple of weeks,so was not too surprised to see the meter down in the red zone].Tomorrow - with,I hope,bisced pots from this kiln - I'm off to Sydney's for a salt firing in the refurbished kiln.We have a new batch of slips to test,so I am eager to see results.Tuesday is my bi-weekly Tel Hai day,unloading the salt kiln on my way home in the evening,Wednesday and Thursday are loading days at Meir's kiln - he's already done a good few days loading,and has finished the long narrow neck at the back of the kiln [thank goodness,my knees can't take the cramped conditions back there].We should be working to fill the swell from the neck to the waist of the kiln.So I'm not sure when I'll have time to blog,but will try to get some relevant pictures up now and then.
The beautiful pots above are by Brother Thomas,kindly sent to me by Michael Minkoff,potter of renown.I thought you might like to see some properly photographed pieces for a change.Want to see more? Click on the Title at the top [it's a link].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home