Friday, December 08, 2006

Back from London


The title,I feel,says it all.As usual,had a great time in what has been my home town [when in England] for the last 35 years.These slides are the current installation in the main hall of the Tate Modern- you get some tickets [free],go up to the appropriate floor,sit in a sack,and off you go,in the name of art.I wrenched my back slightly [probably because I was trying to video my ride down the tube] but a shiatsu treatment in Ealing [called The Ealing Centre] set that straight.More culture supplied by Velasquez and Cezanne at the National Gallery,and the Oriental Ceramics rooms of the V&A,where the european ceramics is closed 'til 2009,if you please,for a long-overdue refit. I also visited Sotis Filippidis,one of our guests at the Tel Hai Symposium in a couple of weeks,in his tiny studio in Fulham.
Not a great deal has happened in the studio since I got back- yesterday I fired the last glaze kiln in the current series,but ran out of gas tantalisingly close to the end- just before cone 7 [about 1200 degrees]-something,strangely,I've never done before-so will order gas Sunday and refire next week.The weather is sunny and not too cold,but my old Waterford wood stove is in bad shape,and needs replacing this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home