Thursday, November 16, 2006

Glazing a Chanukiah

It took me a while to work this one out.The problem is getting an even coat of glaze on this rather complex shape,given that I never have enough glaze [nor a big enough bucket] just to dunk the whole thing in.If you pour from one side at a time,you end up with a lot of unsightly drips on the other side.I think I got the idea from the old Cadbury's picture of two glasses of milk being poured into a bar of chocolate.This is [for me] a large piece,but you can glaze it with a scant litre of glaze, which seems remarkable.
Also pretty remarkable is the presence of Chris the glass artist from Virginia [I think},who is blowing,stretching and bending boro-silicate glass [probably as I write] just over the road in an improvised studio in what is soon to be new neighbours Shani and Sheva Chaya's home and workshop.Unless I am mistaken,this might be the first time that glass has been blown in Safed; correct me if you know otherwise. Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home